Refurbished 8 Channel 1080p Bluetooth DVR with 1TB Hard Drive and 4 Wired 1080p Spotlight Cameras with Audio Alerts and Sirens
- Preset Voice Alerts with Siren
- Secure Wired Connection
- Secure App-Based Bluetooth® Setup
About this item
Night Owl® Digital Video Recorder with Wired 1080p HD Spotlight Cameras and Pre-Installed Hard Drive
Secure App-Based Bluetooth® Setup
Unlike other brands, our patent pending recorder includes built-in Bluetooth® technology. This makes it easy to set up and unlock your device from your smartphone or tablet without the need for a monitor, clunky keyboard or wired mouse.
- Secure start-to-finish app-based setup with no monitor or mouse needed
- Freedom to place your recorder where you want - not reliant on monitor for setup
- No navigating through an outdated user interface on a monitor
- NOTE: Internet is not required for pairing your smartphone or tablet, but is required for remote viewing features
Designed and Engineered in the USA
At Night Owl®, all our products are proudly designed and engineered in the United States by skilled personnel, so we can make your privacy and security our top priority.
- Night Owl® is U.S. based, U.S. owned, subject to all U.S. laws and takes a firm stance on ensuring consumer privacy
- True American ingenuity, right here on American soil. Our U.S. based engineering team works tirelessly to design products that provide security and protect your privacy.
National Security Compliant
Night Owl® is in compliance with the U.S. government’s stance on protecting our nation per Section 889 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).
- Unlike other brands, Night Owl® product does not contain any essential components from specific banned China-based companies
- We are proudly compliant with the new FCC Covered List and strongly believe in the importance of protecting Human Rights and the national security of the U.S.A.
Sharp 1080p HD Resolution for Clear Recording
Enjoy crystal clear recordings with your 1080p HD cameras. Take a closer look from your monitor and capture intricate details that lower resolution cameras might not catch.
- High-quality, true-to-life, 1080p video resolution
- Produces clear and detailed images that you must see to believe
Secure Wired Connection
A hardwired connection feeds the cameras with video signal and power through one cable, allowing the device to keep recording. Internet is not required for viewing, recording or playback from a TV or monitor (CCTV).
- Experience uninterrupted viewing and recording without delays
- Unlike cloud-based systems, all recordings are safely stored to the hard drive for secure access
Preset Voice Alerts with Built-In Camera Siren
Your cameras have a built-in speaker, which can be used with our preset voice alerts and siren to quickly alert an intruder or guest that they are being recorded. You can set the speaker to activate when human motion is detected or manually activate it whenever you choose, from wherever you are located.
- Option 1 – Preset Voice Alerts: Send a preset voice alert to the camera to notify an intruder or guest that you have seen them, even if you are miles away
- Option 2 – Built-In Camera Siren: Ward off trespassers before a potential break in at your home or office with our loud siren, no matter where you are
Your wired cameras include built-in spotlights which turn on when a human or face is detected to deter burglars and vandals.
- Spotlights power on automatically when human motion is detected
- Bright lights illuminate the area which startles trespassers
- Continue viewing and recording in dark conditions with up to 100 ft. of Night Vision
Your cameras come with indoor / outdoor housing, which means you can safely monitor inside and outside your home or business.
- Cameras can withstand minimal moisture and dirt debris, while providing the coverage you need
- Durable, weather-resistant construction ensures long-lasting use (placing the camera under an eave, for outdoor usage, is recommended)
Pre-Installed Storage with No Monthly Fees
You own your recordings and can access them anytime. There are no mandatory cloud, subscriptions, or storage fees. All recordings are securely stored on a pre-installed hard disk drive (size varies by model).
- Easily access and playback your recordings locally from a TV or monitor
- Important recordings can be transferred to a flash drive or external HDD for long-term storage
- With Internet, you can playback, save and share recordings right from the app on your Smart Device
Smart Detection Technology
Instantly receive Human Detection, Facial Capture and Vehicle Alerts to your mobile device so you can better distinguish criminal activity from normal occurrences while saving hard drive space.
- Record and flag events for quick and easy access
- Quickly determine if you see someone familiar or not with our Facial Capture Alerts
- Easily search your recordings by filtering to find what, when and where an event occurred
Free Mobile App with Real-time Alerts
Our app lets you remotely monitor your home or business in real-time from anywhere. Remote connectivity functions are compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS, which means you can stay connected no matter what device you use.
- Secure App-Based Bluetooth® Setup
- 2-Step Verification safeguards your privacy by requiring two authentication steps for login and secure password resets
- Single Sign-On lets you conveniently and securely access your devices with one set of login credentials
- Receive real-time mobile alerts when a human or vehicle is detected
- Easily live view, playback, save and share footage with multi-channel viewing options right from your Smart Device
Add up to 4 Wi-Fi Devices
Even though the security system itself is wired, you can add up to 4 Night Owl® Wi-Fi compatible devices for more flexible and comprehensive coverage.
- Wi-Fi devices are easy to move as your viewing needs change
- Add compatible Night Owl® Wi-Fi devices
- NOTE: Your recorder is compatible with our WNIP2 Series Wi-Fi devices
Integrated Voice Control
Your system works with Google Assistant. Stream your live camera footage instantly to your TV or monitor all while remaining hands free.
- Make your smart home even smarter
- Use a simple voice command to initiate streaming
- NOTE: Requires a TV utilizing Chromecast™ and a Google Home device
Night Owl® offers free 24/7 technical support through our extensive online help library. Additionally, we have an online chat system and phone support in both English and Spanish.
- Our online support site is available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Free live chat and phone support. We’re here for you!
Secure Password Reset Process
Your privacy matters, so we keep your data safe! Unlike our competitors, we don’t give passwords out over the phone.
- A thief won’t be able to access your recorder by calling us and getting a temporary code
- You must verify you are the owner via our secure mobile app or web-based portal
(1) Internet and Smart Device access requires a router and High-Speed Internet connection with a minimum 3 Mbps upload speed. If your recorder is not connected to the Internet, you will not be able to remotely view your system on your Smart Device. May require a free firmware update.
(2) The recorder and push alerts are currently accessible on iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ running on 4G/5G Smart Devices. Night Owl® doesn’t charge monthly fees to view or control your recorder over the Internet and/or Smart Device. Carrier fees and charges may apply.
(3) Night Owl® apps are free downloads compatible with Apple® and Android™ devices only. Compatibility at the time of manufacturing. Future Android™ and iOS® updates may affect the app experience.
(4) Night Vision range up to 100 ft. under ideal conditions. Objects at or beyond this range may be partially or completely obscured, depending on the camera position.
(5) Recording capacity may vary. The size of your pre-installed Hard Disk Drive (HDD) affects recording capabilities. Optimal recording based on using the lowest recording quality settings with one camera.
(6) Video streaming may be subject to interruptions or failures for reasons beyond Night Owl’s control, such as intermittent Wi-Fi or service provider outages. All features require ideal conditions and the latest firmware updates to provide accurate results.
(7) The cameras included with this system have 1-way audio (speaker functionality).
(8) Accessing your Night Owl® device through Google Assistant™ requires a TV utilizing Chromecast™ and a Google Home device.
(9) The following items are not included and are only for demonstration: TV's, Monitors, Routers, Phones, Tablets, Smart Home Devices, and any item not specifically listed as included.
(10) This recorder can hold up to a total of 4 Night Owl® Wi-Fi devices. To add Wi-Fi devices, the recorder and Wi-Fi devices must be connected to the same Internet (Local Area Network).
(11) Check NightOwlSP.com for camera models that are compatible with your recorder.
(12) The term "recorder" may refer to a DVR, NVR, Wi-Fi NVR, or any similar recording device.
(13) The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Night Owl Security Products is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
(14) While we make every effort to provide accurate information, inaccuracies or errors may occur. We reserve the right to make changes, corrections, and/or improvements to the information and to the products, at any time without notice.
(15) Images may vary.
*Source: The NPD Group, Inc., Retail Tracking Service, U.S., Security Cameras, Camera Connection Type: Wired Only, Based on unit sales, January 2018 - November 2021 Combined
Certain uses, publication and/or distribution of video/audio recordings from security cameras and/or audio devices are prohibited or restricted by federal, state and local laws. When enabling and/or using audio recording features with your hidden security camera, be sure to comply with the laws in your country, state, and locality. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. iPhone, iPad, Mac and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Google, Google Home, Chromecast and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.
ATTN CA RESIDENTS:
WARNING: This product can expose you to Polybrominated biphenyls, which is known to the State of California to cause Cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov
DVR Video / Audio
Wired Video Inputs: 8 x BNC
Wi-Fi Video Inputs: 4 x Wi-Fi*
Video Outputs: 1 x HDMI
Audio Ouputs: 8 x BNC / 4 x Wi-Fi*
Recording Resolution: Up to 1080p - (1920 X 1080)
Recording Modes: Event (Human Detection
Technology, Facial Capture &
Vehicle Detection), Schedule,
Hard Disk Drive (pre-installed): 1TB (pre-installed)
Built-In Bluetooth® Wireless Setup: Yes (no monitor required for
Integrated Voice Control
Voice Control: Google Assistant
Streaming Options: Chromecast*
Requirements for Remote Connectivity
Internet Service Speeds: High Speed Internet
Connection with a minimum of
3 Mbps upload speed
Computer Compatibility: Windows® and Mac OS X®
Smart Device Compatibility: Android™ and iOS®
Languages Supported: English, Spanish, French
Operating Temperature 32°F to 104°F
Weight (Product Only): Approx. 2.5 lbs.
Dimensions (L x W x H): Approx. 10" x 8" x 2"
Wired Camera Specifications
Wired Camera Video / Audio
Connection Type: AHD
Resolution: 1080p (2MP) - (1920 x 1080)
Lens mm / Viewing Angle: 3.6 mm / 80°
Audio Enabled: 1-Way Audio (Speaker) -
Preset Voice Messages /
Length of Night Vision: 100 ft.
L2 Color Boost® Technology: Yes
Number of Spolight LEDs: 1 per camera
General (Wired Camera)
Weather-Resistant Rating: IP-65
Operating Temperatures: -4°F to 140°F
Weight (Product Only): Approx. 0.5 lbs.
Dimensions (L x W x H): Approx. 6" x 3" x 3"
Wired Camera Cable
Type of Cable: BNC Coaxial
Length of Cable: 60 ft. per camera
Maximum Run Length of Cable: 160 ft.
Video Connection Type: BNC
UL Listed: Yes (CL2)
- 1 x Wired DVR with 1TB Hard Drive
- 1 x DVR Power Adapter
- 1 x 6 ft. HDMI Cable
- 1 x RJ-45 Cable (Ethernet)
- 1 x USB Mouse
- 1 x Support Material & Window Sticker
- 4 x 1080p HD Wired Spotlight Cameras
- 1 x Camera Power Adapter
- 1 x 4-Way Power Splitter
- 4 x 60 ft. Video/Power Camera Cables
- 4 x Mounting Hardware and Screw Packets